LIWA Aquatics Wins Water Corporation Award for Water Efficiency Leadership
- Written by Tony Head
- Category: News
- Created: 16 November 2016
LIWA Aquatics was presented with the CEO's Award for Water Efficency at the recent Water Corporation stakeholders event. The citation for the award presented by Ms Eva Skira Chair of Water Corporation read as follow:
- This is awarded to a Waterwise Partner that has worked collaboratively with the Corporation to deliver outstanding water efficiency outcomes in their industry or business sector.
- Winner: Leisure Institute of WA Aquatics
- Water Corporation has partnered with LIWA Aquatics since 2010. Together we have collaborated on numerous research projects to identify water use trends in aquatic centres and water efficiency opportunities.
- LIWA Aquatics has been a proactive advocate for water efficiency by inviting the Corporation to speak annually at their State Conference and publish articles in their industry journal.
- In 2012 LIWA Aquatics became the first industry body representing a non-residential segment to be endorsed as a Waterwise Partner. In 2013 we launched the Waterwise Aquatic Centre Program in partnership with LIWA Aquatics and to date have successfully endorsed 31 aquatic centres across the state as Waterwise.
- As a direct result of this partnership the aquatics industry has collectively reduced their water consumption by 13% since 2008. This is an estimated 700 billion litres of water, which is a commendable achievement.
This was a great achivement for LIWA Aquatics and one members can be justly proud of as we strive to protect our environment and protect our precious resources.
LIWA Aquatics Board Member Nick Wilkinson, Water Corporation Chair Eva Skira and LIWA Aquatics Executive Offcer Tony Head